Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dupe Alert! Maybelline Barely Branded & MAC Bare Study

It's no secret that I LOVE a good creamy eyeshadow base. I've been pretty loyal to MAC on this front, with Painterly and Bare Study being my most loved products. None of the Maybelline Color Tattoos had really been a direct dupe for my paint pots until I discovered Barely Branded.

The packaging is very similar, with both products being in glass jars with black screwtop lids. 


Maybelline Barely Branded and MAC Painterly










MAC Bare Study and Maybelline Barely Branded
Top to bottom: Painterly, Barely Branded, Bare Study
(no flash)
The Maybelline version is actually slightly more opaque and a little bit creamier. I've not tested the longevity of the Maybelline dupe on my eyelids yet, but if it has the same lasting power as other Maybelline Color Tattoos, Barely Branded is giving Bare Study a run for its money! 

No comments:

Post a Comment